My 2 Cent

Friday, April 02, 2004

Mooving on out

It's unfortunate Gateway is closing all of it's retail stores, but they just don't make
a very good product. The cool cow print boxes(according to my wife) are the only
thing they have going for them.

Gateway and others are just to proprietary for my liking. So I just build my own.
It's something I really like doing and I'm not too bad at it. The last one I built for
myself has been running strong for the last 4 years. The only problem it has had
was a bad harddrive. It was an IBM, they tend to crap out. I won't be buying one
of those again. That's not to say I haven't replaced any hardware. I tend to lust
after the latest and greatest hardware. Which is one of the reasons building it
yourself is better than buying brand name. It's much easier to upgrade components
as they become obsolete.

So, if anyone reading this ever has any computer questions, email me and I'll
try to answer them the best I can.